Tuesday 7 April 2015

Red, White and Black

We were challenged this week on StampTV to make a card that only has red, black and white on it.  Here is what I came up with. I am also entering this in the Mod Squad Blog challenge - Tick, Tack, Toe and the April Foolery, StampTV Style - You Need Two Shape(s) It Up challenge.



For the Tick, Tack, Toe challenge, I used the middle column so I have a butterfly, a die cut and dimension and for the April Foolery challenge, I have 2 rectangles.

I used my Fiskars crimping tool to crimp my black rectangle and matted it with some red cardstock. I adhered my die cut butterfly (Die-Versions 'Butterfly Kisses' Whispers die) with a couple of mini Glue Dots and left the edges of the wings unglued. I adhered the whole thing to a white card base with Tombow Mono adhesive. 

I stamped the sentiment, from the Gina K Designs Fabulous Frame set, with Frost White ColorBox ink onto another black rectangle. I also matted that with red. I popped this up with some foam dots.

I thought the upper right hand corner looked a little bare so I added a couple pieces of ribbon.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful texture and dimension. Thanks for entering the Mod Squad Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and love the colors used.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.