Friday 3 April 2015

Birthday card

This is a card for 4 challenges:
StampTV weekly challenge - Stitch it Up!
Mod Squad challenge - Tick Tack Toe
StampTV - April Foolery Sketch challenge
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - Happy Birthday


I decided to be creative and see if I could combine several challenges into one card. I started with the sketch challenge to give the basic layout of the card. I saw that I could easily incorporate stitching along the edges of the patterned paper. I decided to do the bottom row of the Tick Tack Toe - patterned paper, dimension and rhinestones or pearls. The Simon Says Stamp challenge let me complete the card with a happy birthday sentiment, which I die cut, sponged and then popped up to give dimension. By the time I finished I realized I had a second line in Tick Tack Toe - sponging, die cut or punch, and rhinestones or pearls.

The products used are:
Gina K Designs Prickly Pear cardstock, Delicate Essentials patterned paper and Birthday Blessings stamp set.
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
yellow ink from my stash
ColorBox Fluid Chalk ink - Yellow Ochre
tan coloured thread for the stitching
foam squares
Forever in Time pearls
Oval Scalloped die from my stash

3 comments:

  1. A fabulous CAS card Dawn, a love colour combo with such pretty papers and lovely sentiment panel!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty shade of yellow and I love the stitching. Thank you so much for playing along with us this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Just super lovely in every way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.