Friday 5 December 2014

Snowman Birthday card

I needed to make a card for a birthday so I decided to use a snowman and enter the card in the Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Frosty the Snowman challenge.  




I cut the snowman and accessories with my Silhouette Cameo from Bazzill Basics Simply Smooth white cardstock and used Spectrum Noir markers to colour parts. I used Black, IG6 and the blender pen for the hat; OR2 for the carrot nose; DR2 and DR6 for the scarf and EB3 and EB5 for the twig arms. I wanted to use flocking powder on the snowman so I ran it through my Xyron Create a Sticker.  I didn't have any black brads so I coloured some green ones with the Black marker. I removed the sticker backing (from the front) and attached the brads for buttons and added the scarf, hat and arms. I sprinkled the flocking powder (Recollections) all over the snowman and pressed it down to make sure it was stuck on. I drew on eyes and a mouth and added the carrot with some glue.

For the background I started with a piece of blue cardstock and stamped the sentiment(Fiskars Birthday Bash set) with VersaFine Onyx Black ink. I made a score line above the sentiment and stamped a snowflake stamp from my stash with Versamark ink all over the top of the cardstock. Then I embossed it with Recollections 'Snow' Embossing Powder.

I attached the background to a white card base and used foam squares on the back of the snowman to pop it up.

I am also entering this in the Hiding in my Craft Room - Freestyle challenge.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute card. Love that snowy attire on the snowman too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully done! Thanks for sharing at Hiding in My Craft Room!
    Samantha
    –HIMCR DT
    Designs by Sammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.