Thursday 27 November 2014

Christmas card

This week on the Mod Squad Challenge Blog, we were asked to have music, or words from a Christmas carol on our card. I had music notes on my card last week so I decided to use words from a carol.


I started by stamping the image (Hero Arts) on a piece of Bazzill Basics Simply Smooth white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I coloured it in with Spectrum Noir markers: GG1, GG2, IG2 for the wings and sash' GB1, GB3, TN4 for the hair, LG4, LG5, JG5 for her robes and FS6, CR10 for her face and hands and GB11 for the horn.

I stamped the sentiment (Momenta) in Versamark, sprinkled Martha Stewart Antique Gold embossing powder on and heat set it. I sponged the edges of the card front with Stamp Craft Green ink and matted it with some patterned cardstock from the DCWV The Christmas Stack. I attached a piece of ribbon and adhered everything to a white card base.




4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and I love the gold embossing. That always adds a "wow" factor I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card has a lot to look at with simplicity at the same time. Hard feat to accomplish. Lots of places to rest the eye. Gold ribbon - excellent touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how sweet! Your embossing is wonderful!! Great card for the challenge! Thanks for playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty! Your sentiment looks amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.