Monday 16 June 2014

Stenciled Ocean card

I am finally getting around to posting this card after a busy week. There are two challenges I am entering with this card. One is the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Stencil It and the other is the Mod Squad In the Ocean or On the Sea Challenge.  So this is what I have come up with.



For the Simon Says Stamp Blog challenge you have to use a stencil. I don't have any background stencils so I had to improvise. I took the netting out of the back of a bag of potatoes and used that as a stencil! I used some Versa Magic Sea Breeze chalk ink and inked through the stencil right on the cardstock.  had to go over some spots a few times to get it all covered. The big stamp is from Inkadinkado and I used Stampin' Up Cajun Craze ink.  The small shell stamp is one I picked up second hand and it doesn't have a brand on it. I also stamped it with the Cajun Craze ink. I used an EB tools 1 1/2" circle punch to cut it out. The sentiment is from Harmonie and I stamped that with the Sea Breeze ink.

I matted the sentiment and the large shell image with some blue cardstock. I didn't have another circle punch
to cut out a mat for the small shell image so I used some Spectrum Noir markers to colour the edge. I used IB2 first and it didn't look quite right so I added some BT2. I also didn't have any matching ribbon so I coloured some white ribbon with TB2 and BT2. It's not perfect but I don't have all of the markers yet and I think it is close enough.

I adhered everything together and popped up the sentiment and the small image.

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card! Love the pretty colors and your great stamping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card. I love that you improvised and used the netting from the bag of potatoes. Great work. The ribbon looks fine the way it is. Thanks for joining in this weeks Mod Squad Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to recycle! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now aren't you clever to use the netting and make a fantastic background design. You created a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your seaside feel card.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.