So this week's challenge on the Mod Squad Challenge Blog was to make a feminine card from a masculine image. So here is what I came up with.
I thought I would try to take an image and turn it into something else. I started with the brick stamp from the Bo Bunny Wall to Wall Textures stamp set with VersaFine Pigment Ink in Onyx Black. I stamped it twice to make it into a quilt shape. I used Laurentian coloured pencils (True Pink, Sky Magenta, Purple and Cerise) to colour in about half of each rectangle and then used a blending stump and some odorless paint thinner to fill the rectangle. This gave it a bit of shading.
My husband said it still looked like a chimney so I added the clothesline and clothespins and then added the flowers using a Hero Arts stamp and then embossed with Recollections Detail embossing powder in Snow.
I sponged the background with Versa Magic Chalk Ink in Sea Breeze and Tim Holtz Distress ink in Mowed Lawn. I added a few clouds with ColorBox Frost White and shaded the bottom of the clouds with Versa Magic Aegean Blue.
I still wasn't sure it looked like a quilt so I found the sentiment online and wrote it with a Silhouette Sketch pen. I cut it out with a Spellbinders Shapeabilities from the Labels and Tags set and shaded it with Martha Stewart Pink Dahlia ink.
This was definitely challenging but it was nice to have to think outside the box!