Sunday 17 March 2024

Lattice card

 I needed to make a sympathy card, and thought I would try a Lattice card. It is the Monthly Mix Challenge on the Gina K. Designs and Stamp TV Friends Facebook page - Lattice Make a Spring Card.


I started with a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of cardstock and used a die to cut an opening, leaving a small border around the edge. I used the same die to cut an opening in the front of my card base (4 1/4" x 11"). 

Using 1/4" strips of cardstock, I made a lattice pattern on the back of my piece of cardstock, covering the center. I attached this to the card base, lining up the openings.

I stamped the flowers and used the stencil set to fill in the colour. I cut it out with the matching die and attached it to the front of the card.

The only tricky part of this card is positioning the sentiment inside! You need to make sure that you can't see it through the lattice work, so it needs to be behind the focal image.

I used the following supplies from Gina K. Designs:
Lovely Flowers stencil set
Lovely Flowers stamp set and die
Light Carnation, Medium Carnation, Applemint, Lucky Clover, Jelly Bean Green, and Fresh Asparagus ink
Obsidian Amalgam ink

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.