Friday 17 March 2023

Ink Cube Thumping

I have another birthday card to share. This one uses the Ink Cube Thumping technique on the bird.




I started with a gate fold card base, and stamped the Petite Flourish background stamp with Grass Green ink on the front.

For the bird, from the Birthday Blessings stamp set, I first inked it up with Blue Raspberry ink and then used my Blue Denim ink cube around the edges of the design. It gives a shaded effect and a bit of dimension.

The sentiment is also from the Birthday Blessings stamp set. I stamped it with Obsidian Amalgam ink, and cut it out with one of the dies in the Decorative Label die set. I used one of the other dies in the set to cut out the background piece for the bird. I blended some Blue Raspberry ink on it, cut out the bird with the coordinating die, and attached it and the sentiment. I adhered one side of this to the card front, so it can open.

All of my supplies are from Gina K. Designs.

2 comments:

  1. Verna Angerhofer18 March 2023 at 17:56

    So beautiful and the bird is perfect with the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely card! Thank you for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.