Friday 11 March 2022

Blue and Yellow

 Today I have a card that I made for two challenges: the Mod Squad Challenge - Standing with Ukraine (we can only use blue and yellow), and the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge - Shaped Border Edge, using dies.



I made the background using the Gina K. Designs (GKD) Harvest Flourish stencil with GKD Blue Raspberry and Blue Denim ink. Then I layered it with some Blue Denim cardstock and added it to a white card base that had the front flap trimmed.

The flowers are from the GKD Fresh Flowers stamp set and are stamped with GKD Wild Dandelion and Sweet Corn ink, and cut out with the coordinating die. I added these along the trimmed edge on the front of the card.

I stamped the sentiment, from the GKD By the Sea stamp set, with Blue Denim ink, and cut it out with a GKD Decorative Tag die. I added it to the card with some foam squares.




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Dawn. Thank you for joining the monthly mix challenge at Gina K Designs. Enjoy your weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! I love the flowered border and the stenciled background is perfect. Lots of wonderful work here, and a great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Mod Squad!! We hope to see you back again soon, and thanks for standing with Ukraine.
    Judy~ MSC Designer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.