Friday 17 June 2016

Shaker card

I made a card this week for the StampTV MIUM challenge Shake, Shake, Shake, where we had to make a shaker card.



I started with a piece of white cardstock, picked out the die that I was going to use to cut out the shaker window and traced around the outside of it so I knew where to place my images. I stamped and masked my images and coloured the scene with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.

I cut out the window in the top layer and the acetate layer then used two dies together to cut the border out of cardstock and two borders out of fun foam.

I glued the acetate window to the back of the top layer, added the two fun foam borders, put in the sequins and beads, and added the coloured layer. I added the white cardstock border to the front and tied some gold thread at the bottom. I attached the top layer to a white card base.

Materials used:
Gina K. Designs: Sending Love and Art From The Heart stamp sets.
                             Turquoise Sea cardstock
Spectrum Noir: Ultra Smooth Premium white cardstock
                         Alcohol markers: TB6, BT8, GT2, GT3, TN2, TN6, BGR2
VersaFine Smokey Gray and Onyx Black ink
Spellbinders Nestibilities Big Scalloped Circles Large dies
piece of acetate
fun foam sheets
sequins, beads
gold thread

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful shaker card. I am afraid I did not find the time to make one. I love the beautiful colors of yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.