Tuesday 5 April 2016

Sketch Challenge

I made this card for the StampTV MIUM Sketch Challenge and also for the Mod Squad Blog Challenge - Use Water.




This was the sketch we had to use.


I decided to turn the sketch sideways. I used water in the jar as my water element, and I thought the patterned paper looked a little like waves.

I stamped the jar, heat embossed it and then stamped the flowers. I cut out the image, coloured it and then sponged the edge of the circle. I stamped the 'for you' from the 'Especially for you' sentiment, cut it out and sponged the edges.

I cut some strips of patterned paper and cardstock, adhered them to a white card base, adhered the image and popped up the sentiment. I added some Wink of Stella to the water to make it shine a bit, but it's hard to see in the picture.

I used the following supplies:

Gina K. Designs: Birthday Blessings and Especially for you stamp sets
                             Delicate Essentials patterned paper pack
                             Grass Green and White cardstock
                             Grass Green ink
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Recollections Clear embossing powder
Spectrum Noir alcohol markers: IB1, IB2, IB3, LG5, OR1, OR2, OR3, IG1, IG2
Wink of Stella Clear pen
Foam Squares
Tombow Mono adhesive


1 comment:

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.