Wednesday 23 December 2015

Winter Birthday card

I needed a card for my niece's birthday so I thought I would incorporate a few challenges in it. I am entering Friday Funday Challenge at the StampTV Kit Addicts Group - Cutaway, Anything Goes Mod Squad Challenge, Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Winter Wonderland and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make it Sparkle.



For the cutaway challenge, you stamp on the outside, cut out around the edge of your stamping and then line up your stamps on the inside. I started with a piece of blue cardstock, stamped my images with Versamark and embossed. I drew a straight line between the snowflakes, carefully cut around the snowflakes and along the line between the snowflakes and erased any line still showing. I then stamped and embossed the snowflakes on the inside of the front. I lined the inside of the back of the card with a piece of white cardstock and stamped a few snowflakes on the edge to be visible when the card is closed. I stamped the sentiment and the card was finished.

For this project I used:
Gina K Designs Snow Frame stamp set, Happy Birthday to You stamp set
Versamark watermark ink
ColorBox Blue pigment ink
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Recollections embossing powder Glitz and Snow
blue and white cardstock from my stash


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful winter birthday card and love all the gorgeous snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful winter birthday card and love all the gorgeous snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. Love the snowflake edge and the snowflakes on the inside of the card. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and Merry Christmas. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Dawn! I love all the pretty snowflakes and the design is wonderful.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.