Saturday 9 May 2015

Watercolour Stamping on Patterned Paper

Today I've combined two challenges to make my card.  The first one is from the Mod Squad Challenge Blog - watercolour stamping and the second is the StampTV challenge - stamp on patterned paper. I am also entering the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - use a sentiment. Here is what I came up with.


I coloured the image with markers and stamped on the patterned paper. I went over the stamped image with a water brush to give the watercolour effect. I stamped the sentiment, cut the tag shape and framed it with a piece of cardstock. I layered these onto a card base and added the bow.

Here are the products I used:

Gina K Designs: Cardstock-Green Grass and White; Patterned Paper-Delicate Essentials; Stamps-                                   Happy Birthday to You set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Water Brush: Tim Holtz
Ribbon and markers from my stash


4 comments:

  1. This turned out really well! I wnat to try this technique with that stamp too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love your watercoloring
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well how clever. I never would have thought to watercolor stamp in patterned paper and I love the look. I will have to try it. Love that you made a tag too!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Mod Squad!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.