Friday 17 March 2017

Daffodils

This week the StampTV MIUM challenge - What's That You Say? asked us to be inspired by a quote. I chose the poem I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud by William Wordsworth. Here is the first stanza:

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

I am also entering this in the StampTV Kit Addicts Group Color Challenge. We had to choose from 5 specific colours plus black and white.






I learned this poem in school and it's one of my favourites. This stamp looks like "a host of golden daffodils". I chose to use the colours Wild Dandelion, Fresh Asparagus, Turquoise Sea, Black and White.

I stamped the daffodils on white cardstock. After applying the ink pads to the acrylic block I used a waterbrush to paint the image. The fresh asparagus didn't seem to keep its green colour and turned brownish. I went over it again but the result was the same. I did a light wash of blue around the flowers.

On blue cardstock I stamped the daffodil image twice with blue ink for a tone on tone look. I stamped the sentiment on a strip of black cardstock and heat embossed it in white.

I adhered the layers onto a white card base and popped up the sentiment with foam squares. I added clear Wink of Stella onto the flowers for some sparkle.

Materials used:
Gina K. Designs: Sending Love, Birthday Blessings stamp sets
                          Wild Dandelion, Fresh Asparagus, Turquoise Sea ink
                          Turquoise Sea, White and Black cardstock
VersaFine Onyx Black ink
Kuretake water brush
VersaMark ink
Recollections White Detail embossing powder
Clear Wink of Stella
Sookwang tape
foam squares from my stash

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful card design and a wonderful quote. I have not used that stamp image yet but I am seeing it all over the place now. It is gorgeous! I have that set so there is no reason not to use it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.